Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alfredomar
Regular Visitor

PowerBi SQL server conection

Hi,

I try to connect powerbi desktop to my sql network server(2008)( and always appear the next error:

Detalles: "Se produjo un error al leer datos desde el proveedor: 'No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ni una de sus dependencias. No se ha proporcionado el nivel de representación necesario o el nivel de representación no es válido. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x80070542)'"

And not connect. The server works OK, because I use it for a lot apps.

How is the problem?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alfredomar
Regular Visitor

Hello!!

I try to connect the desktop to my network SQL server 2008 and always appear the next error:

Detalles: "Se produjo un error al leer datos desde el proveedor: 'No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ni una de sus dependencias. No se ha proporcionado el nivel de representación necesario o el nivel de representación no es válido. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x80070542)'"

I try the windows and sql server login, and always the same.

The server works ok with other apps.

What can I do?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
losroussva
Regular Visitor

I solved it by changing my user time from public to sysadmin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!!

Try enter Power BI by left click as "Execute as Administrator", 

Ejecutar_como_admi.png

Open Edit queries => Choose every table and check that the source is the same for SQL Server (Server, Database name, port..):

Problem_update.png

It happend to me and that was the solution.

The Table 1 was:

= Sql.Database("SBMDEAGSQL04,1454", "DW_DDS")

The Table 2 was:

= Sql.Database("SBMDEAGSQL04", "DW_DDS")

I added the port 1454.

Hi,

Thanks for the information, for me is working the query executing with elevated rights "Execute as Administrator".

The issue is that i don't have any diference on the tables between "Execute as Administrator" vs Normal...

the query only works when I executed as Administrator and I guees it will not work from a PBI Report server.

Thanks,

alfredomar
Regular Visitor

Hello!!

I try to connect the desktop to my network SQL server 2008 and always appear the next error:

I try the windows and sql server login, and always the same.

The server works ok with other apps.

What can I do?

Hi @alfredomar,

Based on error message,the issue seems related to windows .net framework package. Please re-install suitable versions and try again.

Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool

Regards,

Xiaoxion Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.