Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SurendraP
Frequent Visitor

PowerBi Report for SkypeForBusiness Online

Guys, I need help creating powerBi reports for Skype for Business online(Azure), we have migrated to SFB recently, they have some prebuilt reports on portal but we want to create more descriptive reports in powerbi for PSTN and other skype report havign data like 'Inbound # \ Outbound # \ Call Time \ Call Answered (Yes\No) \ Abandon call etc' but unable to get this data. Tried using APIs 

(https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/reportroot_sfbactivity) but not getting exact data and for PSTN report not able to get any APIs.

If anyone created reports/ havign information on SFB Online then please share, will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advanced. 

3 REPLIES 3
SurendraP
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Anyone got any information or idea buiding PowerBi Report for Skype for Business which is in cloud. please share... 

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@SurendraP

Based on your attached link, it seems the API return "stream" type. I don't it can be used for retrieving data in Power BI Desktop. In my opinion, you'd better get the data from the database for Lync. However, you are using Skype for Business online, I don't think it's allowed to get the data from the backend database hosted on cloud side. 

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft 

We can not get data directly from cloud therefore trying to build reports based on SFB Reports in Azure portal via APIs, you are right we can not point Stream API to desktop but I am looking to insert into Push dataset in powerbi Web by live streaming channels. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.