Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

duggy
Advocate II
Advocate II

PowerBi Desktop keeps crashing when running export to PDF

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of PowerBi Desktop:

Version: 2.73.5586.984 64-bit (September/2019)

When I try and export to PDF the reports that I have (the ones we have been using for months and exporting for months without issues) it goes through the motion of showing a popup "Exporting to PDF" then fails with a Windows - Application Error message (as can be seen below).

Have tried removing PowerBi Desktop, tried installing the 32 bit version (there it just closes when exporting), have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running as administrator etc.

This is desperation as reports are due. Any assist would be appreciated. Even the ability to roll back to the previous version (which I havent been able to do, havent updated or changed any reports since the upgrade 2 days ago).

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @duggy ,

I test with export feature but I can't reproduce this issue. Did this issue only appears on a specific report? In addition, any other applications(e.g. antivirus software) running on the backend? They may block export operations and caused the issue.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

The report that I have is the same report I use with the previous version, no additions, no changes. Nothing else has changed or been updated on the machine (antivirus etc).

Hi @duggy ,

I'd like to suggest you test on another device with the same desktop version and power bi report to confirm if this issue related to specific device. 

In addition, you can also open a support ticket to get further support from power bi team. 

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.