Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

salman_ali
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerBi Desktop and Salesforce help

Hello team,

i am trying to connect to our company Salesforce using PowerBi Desktop.  I click on Get Data, which gives me two options.  One is Salesforce Reports and the other is Salesforce Objects.  

When I cleck on Salesforce Reports, the tables are in a good format, but I can only access limited amount of records (2000 at one time), where as if I click Salesforce Objects, data is all available however formatting is atrocious.  

How do I pull in data in complete form yet also have it in acceptable formatting 

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @salman_ali ,

You could refer to this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=5d5c21de-52d7-404b-9b6d-b0ed0acb0a19

it is not a Power Query connector limitation but a general Salesforce Reports API restriction. Please make sure to share this feedback with Salesforce as this is fully in their control. In fact, once/if they remove this API limit, there wouldn’t be any product change required on the Power Query connector to pull the entire dataset, as there’s not any explicit limit defined on our side.

And you could vote for this idea to use Bulk API.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.