Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SergioPalhais

PowerBi Desktop : Previous Semester Number Employees Filter by Slicer

Hello , i did some research but i wasn't able to find or adapt a solution to my project.

So my goal is to create a Card that shows the number of employee of the previous semester based in the selection of the "Data" slicer .

SergioPalhais_0-1672064718491.png

SergioPalhais_1-1672064870650.png

As you can see i was able to create the "Measure 3" that shows the current data selection -6 months

Now i want to show the employee numbers using "Measure 3" or some equivalent, that is able to do it using the Date selected in the "Data" -6 months / 1 semester.

This is my table:

SergioPalhais_2-1672065003791.png

This is measure 3:

SergioPalhais_0-1672065303714.png

Then i want to show only "Banco Montepio" but that i think i can do it applying a normal filter "Empresa" to the card visual 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SergioPalhais

ok , this is working now 

CALCULATE(SUM(TrabalhadoresConverteBI[Ntrabalhadores]), FILTER(ALL(Semestres), 'Semestres'[SemesterRANK] =max(Semestres[SemesterRANK])-1))
For previous semester

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SergioPalhais

ok , this is working now 

CALCULATE(SUM(TrabalhadoresConverteBI[Ntrabalhadores]), FILTER(ALL(Semestres), 'Semestres'[SemesterRANK] =max(Semestres[SemesterRANK])-1))
For previous semester

Thanks
SergioPalhais

SergioPalhais_0-1672328108228.png

Still not working. I want to create a visual card that show the number of employees the previous semester of the one selected in the slicer, for example, with 30-06-2022 filter it will give me the employees of 31/12/2021 ( one semester before )

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SergioPalhais , Create a table with distinct semesters (Assume date or sortable column ). Join it back with you table.

Have rank on the semester start date 

A new column

semester  Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[semester start date],,ASC,Dense)

These measures can help
This Week = CALCULATE(Count('Table'[Count]), FILTER(ALL('semester '),'semester '[semester Rank]=max('semester '[semester Rank])))
Last Week = CALCULATE(Count('Table'[Count]), FILTER(ALL('semester '),'semester '[semester Rank]=max('semester '[semester Rank])-1))

Time Intelligence, DATESMTD, DATESQTD, DATESYTD, Week On Week, Week Till Date, Custom Period on Period,
Custom Period till date: https://youtu.be/aU2aKbnHuWs&t=145s

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.