Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI to SFDC report connection

I am able to connect to SFDC report using PowerBI connector, however i am unable to see certain reports present in SFDC in the Navigator window of PowerBI. I tried to run the reports in SFDC and was still unable to see the same in PowerBI navigator window. The only way to make them appear in the navigator window is to rename the report with a name starting with a Special Character ('!'). Could you please explain whats the logic behing displaying only certain number of report, why some reports do not appear and what needs to be done other than renaming them to see them in the Navigator window of PowerBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Does SFDC mean Salesforce? If so, you should sign in your salesforce account in power bi.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
QueryWhiz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, were you able to find a solution? As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper and I think you'll be able to normally query data from differente SF reports. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuta-msft This issue still persists. i have signed into powerbi using my salesforce account it didnt resolve this issue.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Does SFDC mean Salesforce? If so, you should sign in your salesforce account in power bi.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuta-msft  yes SFDC means salesforce and i have signed in using my salesforce account in PowerBI. However this issue still persists.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.