Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kimhyunchae91
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI slicer visual does not populate all fields available

Hi,

I have a powerbi report that have multiple tabs. Tab A has the following slicer which shows the correct fields:

correct.PNG

This is showing all the values under the column name 'Category Name' from Tab A of this report

incorrect.PNG

This is the same report but on TAB B which uses the SAME table & SAME column but only displays 3 values to filter...

I added this same column into TABLE visual and it displays ALL 'Category names' which shows the correct amount of data:

correctTable.PNG

So my question is, what is causing this slicer to show only 3 fields instead of all the available data within the 'Category Name' column???

Please let me know if anyone needs any clarifications and i will edit this post accordingly. 

I am assuming this is some page,visual,report level filtering issue but I could not see any discrepencies between report tabs..

Thank you in advance!! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There's probably another slicer (hidden) on your Tab B that is filtering out some records on this slicer.

Untitled.png

Regards,

Tarun

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There's probably another slicer (hidden) on your Tab B that is filtering out some records on this slicer.

Untitled.png

Regards,

Tarun

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

yes, another slicer was filtering out the other options! Thank you for your quick response!

yelsherif
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Check page level filters in the 2nd page. This may be the reason.
Another reason may be if the table you are using is linked to other tables in your model via bi-directional link and there is a filter or slicer affecting the linked table, so this will accordingly change the set of values showing in this slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.