Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI publisher for excel - for mac

Does anyone know if it is possible to install PowerBI publisher for Excel on a users macbook.

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Current I haven't found any limitation told about excel mac version not support this plugin.

So I think if you can achieve prerequisite and can connect/sign in power bi account, this plugin also works for mac users.

Reference links:

Power BI publisher for Excel

How To Install An Excel Add-in in Excel 2011 for Mac

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-shex-msft,

Thanks for the reply.
The first hurdle I am trying get over is, that the Power BI Publisher for Excel is an MSI file, which cannot be installed on a Mac.
What I then tried was using the add-in, I installed the mscoree.dll, however this didn't work.

I am not sure if there are different versions of this dll for the 32 bit and 64 bit machines.

Equally I am not sure what version Mac runs.  Unfortunately this isnt for my machine, and I am working remotely.

Does anyone have any recent experience of this?
Thanks,

David.

I see this post is a year old. I'm having the same issue described here. I'm unable to install the Power BI Publisher for Excel. According to the Office 365 website, it's not compatible with Mac OS. 

By chance did you find a workaround for Mac? I need to be able to download reports into Excel.

Hi @Anonymous,

AFAIK, excel mac version is possible to install excel plugin, maybe they haven't released a mac version of publisher plugin.

I'd like to suggest you contact to office team to report this requirement and get more support of this plugin.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.