Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kravhowe
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI pie chart exclude data points filter

Hello everyone, 

using a pie chart the user can exclude certain data point by clicking right and confirm "exclude". Clicking right adds a filter to the visual of type "exclude x = "abc"". 

Now I want to have a table which shows all the exlcuded entries. So far I was unable to achieve this. I tried to work with filters and use NOT IN, or work with a reference table and calculate the differences. No success. 

I'd really appreciate your advice. Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kravhowe , Try with a measure like this

countx(filter(all(Table), not(table[X] in values(table[X]))),table[X])

Thanks for your advice @amitchandak 

The DAX expression is correct, but still gives me an empty result. 

Greetings

@kravhowe 
Please refer to the method:
https://www.skillslogic.com/blog/dashboards-data-warehousing/power-bi-how-to-show-rows-excluded-by-s...

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply @V-pazhen-msft 

Still I couldn't find a solution yet. I understand the logic behind the proposed article. As already mentioned, I thought of something quite similar. 

The thing is that EXCEPT(ALL('table'), 'table') does not seem to work here. However, I dont want to rule out any mistake on my side. 

It seem as if clicking "right" on a data point in the pie chart and confirm exclude is not the same as using a slicer. The problem can easily be reproduced. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.