Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wilson_smyth
Post Patron
Post Patron

PowerBI imports additional data not in table as expandable "table" column

Im importing data via sql database.

I select  2 tables, a dimension table and a fact table.

Each table is imported, but each table inlucdes a "table" column that i can expand that looks like it contains the data from the related tables.

the fact table even has a table column containing data from other related tables i did not import, which means its importing all data related to the fact table.

Is this the data actually imported multiple times or is it just represnting a relationship?

If so, it seems very wasteful.

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wilson_smyth

As referred, the dataset shows a set of columns that contain oddly colored values called Table and Value in Query Editor ,Query Editor provides this information to point you to data related in other tables in the source data. However, this information does not show up in your final dataset.

If you don’t want to get related information, you can cancel selection of option “Include relationship columns” which is selected by default.

56.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.