Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ADHOX

PowerBI import error (HRESULT =). '.

Hi,

I installed in DELL XPS 15 without problem PowerBI Desktop, but when i import any type of Data (excel, access), this error appears:

The changes cannot be saved to the server. Error returned: 'An external component returned an error (HRESULT =). '.

"HRESULT" error is without any code.

Cattura.JPG

The same Data works without any problem in another comupet.

i try to open the PBI in administrator mode but the error is the same.

Do you have any suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ADHOX

I foud the solution! 

uninstalled the software and installing the WEB-Site English version, not the Microsoft Store Version.

Now Power Bi works!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ADHOX

I foud the solution! 

uninstalled the software and installing the WEB-Site English version, not the Microsoft Store Version.

Now Power Bi works!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hola como estás? me gustaría que me compartiras como lo solucionaste, ya que tengo el mismo problema!, muchas gracias!

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ADHOX 

Based on your description, It seems that your on-premise environment has been broken which cause the issue.

The following list provides the minimum requirements to run Power BI Desktop. Please check if it meets the requirements.

• Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, or later
  • .NET 4.5
  • Internet Explorer 10 or later
  • Memory (RAM): At least 1 GB available, 1.5 GB or more recommended.
  • Display: At least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) recommended. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 aren't recommended, as certain controls (such as closing the startup screen) display beyond those resolutions.
  • Windows display settings: If you set your display settings to change the size of text, apps, and other items to more than 100%, you may not be able to see certain dialogs that you must interact with to continue using Power BI Desktop. If you encounter this issue, check your display settings in Windows by going to Settings > System > Display, and use the slider to return display settings to 100%.
  • CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit or 64-bit x86 processor recommended.

For further information, you may refer the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@amitchandak thanks,

but the error is not reffer to OLE DB or ODBC, the field area is empty

It would seem to be a system Error when PBI apply all tyoe of query, I try to import a very simple data in Excel and it doesen't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.