Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

InterSimi
Helper II
Helper II

PowerBI file stored on Sharepoint Document Library - locked out

Hi,

I have this strange issue, where I have my PowerBI file stored on a SharePoint 2010 document library. Myself and my team are all able to open the file directly within PowerBI (because we have the location linked). We are all able to open this file, but if an ex-administrator of the SharePoint page has it open and I try and open it, we get an error message "This file is checked out, or locked for editing by another user"

I have removed the user from the site admin role, but still we get this issue. I am able top open it just fine if any other user opens it, except the ex-admin.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Go to "Document library settings --> Manage files which have no checked in version"
If you see the files then take ownership and publish them to major version.

Let us know if this was the case

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, it looks like they all have checked in version

Checked Out Files

"All files currently have a checked in version."

The one guy who I keep having com=nflicts with, used to be a site adminitsrtaor, but those permissions were removed. It seems like something is still lingering

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes can check dependency in Sharepoint Library under the permission leave. then you can find the issue.

Not sure what you mean Pankil.

I have checked the permissions against the user and they are the same as other members of my team, i.e. contribute

The one different, is that this user used to be a "site administrator" which I have since removed, but we are still blocking each other, as if he had the same/similar permissions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please check this link for permission on library : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/edit-and-manage-permissions-for-a-sharepoint-list-or-librar...

you can check the all the permission and Stop Inheriting Permissions on Library.

Hope you get the answer 

Thanks

Hi Pankil,

this isn't a simple permissions issue (I don't think), as I still require the user to have access, just not lock me out. It is only the two of us who are in conflict, no one else.

If I review what permissions the conflicting user has and compare it with others, they are identical. I believe this is down to the "site administrator" permissions he once had causing an issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.