Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arveseba
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI doesnt launch on Windows 10

PowerBi doesnt launch on Windows 10

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2018-08-20T12:06:49.4264699Z

Local Time:
2018-08-20T14:06:49.4264699+02:00

Session ID:
1de9a762-c7de-4813-890f-f263f277d8d9

Release:
August 2018

Product Version:
2.61.5192.601 (18.08) (x64)

Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides)
at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name, ResolverOverride[] resolverOverrides)
at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.Resolve[T](IUnityContainer container, ResolverOverride[] overrides)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.DependencyInjectionService.Resolve[T]()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.SetUpCommands[T](IApplicationCommands applicationCommands)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass10.<Main>b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass7.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__6()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.16299.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461308]

Peak Virtual Memory:
33.5 GB

Private Memory:
175 MB

Peak Working Set:
229 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
4d6ada24-6039-4a04-b04d-10f81da91ef7

Telemetry Enabled:
True

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

4 REPLIES 4
eliana

You can use the microsoft password manage to remeber the password and can safe the system from others.

Tallis
Frequent Visitor

Setting in IESetting in IE
I solved my issue. 
Power BI was not working due to using external monitors. 
Power BI was "freezing" and fixes indicated it was an "incompatible application."

I changed the Accelerated graphics in IE (as in photo) .
Right click on the app icon, choose "troubleshoot compatibility" / Troubleshoot program, and choose the option "program doesn't display"...

Basically, it was the scaling behavior. 
Choosing "override high DPI scaling..." for the application, i guess, i what fixed my issue. 

I just upgraded to windows 10, and spent WAY TOO long troubleshooting, as i assumed it had something to do with the upgrade.  I wish I would have thought of undocking my laptop from the external monitors a few hours earlier. it's hard for me to believe that this should have ever been an issue. 

I guess it was not possible to make Power BI "monitor DPI aware?"  

Power BI Desktop.png

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@arveseba,

I am unable to reproduce this issue in Windows 10. Could you please perform an OS update to upgrade your Windows system to latest version and then check if you can start Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tallis
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone have an "up to date" solution for this? For me, Power BI will not launch. It freezes. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.