Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Thijslo
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI doesn't load all rows on refresh

Can someone please help me? (I am quite new to PowerBI)

Without changing anything else the PowerBI refresh button only loads a part of all data.

I use a connector for an ERP system online (Exact Online), which worked fine, until 2 weeks ago. It seems that the size of my data/project/memory of pc could be causing my issue?

For example: first time 7860 rows., second time 12180 rows, third time less then 10000 etc. It doesn't inform me on whether it loaded all or not. 

This table has more than 30.000 rows in it which can change every time (incremental load is therefore not an option I think).

Sometimes it loads all data, but no clue on why or how to track it....

Therefore the question:

- Can I see somewhere whether the refresh worked?

- Is there anyway to control/check it?

- Why would it only load a part of the data?

- any suggestions?

Already tried: restart, save as different pbix file, clean cache.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Thijslo
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help... 

I received the solution from the supplier of the connector module:

- disable parallel data loading (per pbix file) solves the issue 

Just a note for everyone else with this issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Thijslo
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help... 

I received the solution from the supplier of the connector module:

- disable parallel data loading (per pbix file) solves the issue 

Just a note for everyone else with this issue.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Thijslo quite possible, you need to make sure power bi connecting to same data source against which you are comparing these row count.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thijslo
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for both suggestions!

That is actually what I did: check the total number of received rows (for the same table) under table view.

Without changing any filters (Actually I don't have any on my tables) the number of rows are changing up and down and I am getting no error on refresh.

Can it otherwise be a mistake in the connector that I use (I have a subscription to a third party that build it)?

Thanks for your help!

rueibin88
Regular Visitor

It should load all data unless you have filters or parameter setup. you can go to Edit query and remove all filters there.

Yes it worked once I removed the filters. Thanks for help! @rueibin88 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Thijslo it would load full data if no error showed up. You can just get a simple row count of your table and see how many rows are loaded, or go in the table view, and check at the status bar, in the bottom left corner and see how many rows it shows up there.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.