Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LiliM10

PowerBI desktop: Share dashboard with colleagues

Hello,

I created a dashboard in Power BI desktop (free trial), data comes from company server. I read that in order to share this report with colleagues that don't have PowerBi instaled, this dashboard would need to be uploaded to my workspace. When I did that, information wasn't displayed.

Is there a Power BI reader or similar? As mentioned before, this dashboard will be shared with colleagues that don't have PowerBI installed and they would be using filters. 

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LiliM10 ,

If you publish to service,free user could not share with others,and Power bI Pro user only could share with  Power bI Pro user.Refer:

What are the Differences Between Power BI Free, Power BI Pro and Power BI Premium? 

Maybe you can try to use 'publish to web' to share your reports, it not required pro licenses but it also contains a few limitations on it.  Please check the below document to known more about this feature.

Publish to web from Power BI 

Also, what you create it in Power BI Destktop and upload it, it is a Report not a dashboard, and the dashboard requires a ping operation in Workspace.

refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-create 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LiliM10 ,

If you publish to service,free user could not share with others,and Power bI Pro user only could share with  Power bI Pro user.Refer:

What are the Differences Between Power BI Free, Power BI Pro and Power BI Premium? 

Maybe you can try to use 'publish to web' to share your reports, it not required pro licenses but it also contains a few limitations on it.  Please check the below document to known more about this feature.

Publish to web from Power BI 

Also, what you create it in Power BI Destktop and upload it, it is a Report not a dashboard, and the dashboard requires a ping operation in Workspace.

refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-create 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello!
To publish you need the user who publishes to have the pro or higher license and with that you would achieve that your colleagues can see the report without them having a license.

If you work with power bi desktop without a PRO license, only you can see the dashboards.

Ask for plans: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/es-es/pricing/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.