Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hbarber
Regular Visitor

PowerBI desktop - New version cannot refresh reports

Hi there,

My colleague and I have different version of PowerBI Desktop and she is able to refresh reports (without the error message below)and I am not.

She has version Version: 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017) and I have Version: 2.56.5023.942 64-bit (March 2018).

I used to have no issues and this has also caused our published reports to fail in refreshing daily.

This is the error message:

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.
Details:
    DataSourceKind=SQL
    DataSourcePath=bb-svr-sql01;CRS_FIR1072
    Message=Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.
    Number=241
    Class=16

However when I click through the steps in the query it is not necessarily at a point where I am bringing dates into the data that this error message appears.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Harriet

4 REPLIES 4
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @hbarber,

Since the error said that Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.

As you were refreshing reports, have you verified that if there exists none datetime type data in the date /or time column?

=> However when I click through the steps in the query it is not necessarily at a point where I am bringing dates into the data that this error message appears.

When the error appears, what's the data here?

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Thank you for your quick reply.

It turns out there is an issue with the date/time set up on my profile compared to my colleague's hence why she is able to use PBI and I am not.

All sorted now!

Thanks

Harriet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I am getting this below error when i try to load the Calendar View from SQL DW

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.
Details:
DataSourceKind=SQL
DataSourcePath=xxx
Message=Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.
Number=241
Class=16

can you please help to resolve it

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem, any solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.