Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI & DAX: Analysing Event Log Data

I am using PowerBI to report on Incident and Request ticket data from an ITSM tool. Those tickets generate event logs as they are managed throughout their lifecycle. I'd like to be able to look through ticket activity logs and string event dates\times together to tell a particular story, using PowerBI. For example, using the example below, I'd like to be able to create a report that says "show me a list of all tickets that have had an SLA Failure event while they were assigned to Group B.

I think this would entail the comparison of three events:

1) Identifying tickets that had been transferred to Group B
2) Identifying tickets that had an SLA Failure event after #1
3) Filtering out tickets that were transferred to Group C before #2

Ideally if such a report could be created, it would be flexible enough for me to choose events via dropdown boxes or search parameters so that the report could be used by many people for many different scenarios (e.g. "show me a list of all tickets that were updated by Analyst 2 while not assigned to Group A), but I’ll take what I can get really 😉

Any help or tips on this would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Event Log Example

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.