Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BryanLy
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Window 10 file for Microsoft PowerBI window 8 application

Hi all,

My name is Bryan and I hope you are doing well and taking care of yourself.

I am working for a client now and I have some questions.

I am working on a window 10 PowerBI desktop installed from the Microsoft Store. I expect to deliver this model to them and have been working closely with their IT support service to install the correct PowerBI desktop application.

The client is using window 8 and their PowerBI application version is different from the window 10 because the Microsoft store is different.

We tried using the web-downloaded PowerBI but there was an error opening to file and I found out that is no longer supported from the forum.

My question is will there be issues in opening the file that I work on their server?

Thank you

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BryanLy , 

Recommend your client download the latest version of Power BI Desktop application from the official Microsoft Download Center, see the version : 2.79.5768.1082 .

95.PNG

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BryanLy , 

Recommend your client download the latest version of Power BI Desktop application from the official Microsoft Download Center, see the version : 2.79.5768.1082 .

95.PNG

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@BryanLy, if you taking of power bi reporting server(On prem). There is a different version of Power BI for that. If you talking publish to power bi service than it should be the same for all. But you need to check that out

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.