Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Girish
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Spark Direct Query Issue

Hi,

I am facing a issue with Power BI, I am using Spark Cluster and plotting data using Direct Query. Issue is, I am able to plot data in Desktop Version, but the publish button is disabled and i am not able to publish the report.

PowerBI_Publish_Error.jpg

And in powerBI Service i am able to load Direct Query but not able to visuaize the plot it is giving me error

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID581aed95-b539-4404-8d49-d8482b7631a1
Request IDfab36a2f-f478-04af-3452-825dd1f48b4c
Correlation ID27336511-aff9-b250-aad3-63d9012e2f8d
TimeWed Dec 28 2016 18:07:57 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.872

Service.png

Please Do the needful help.

Regards,

Girish

5 REPLIES 5
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Girish,

I don't know what is happening with your publish button, maybe some staffs will check it. for workaround solution, you could save your pbix file and go to PBI service, choose Get Data -> in Import or Connect to Data, choose Files ->  Local File -> your pbix. Your pbix will be uploaded by this way when waiting some help from pbi team.

HI, 

I tried the solution mentioned but still ended up with the following error in Power BI Service.

Pbix_Load_Service.png

Regards,

Girish

Hi @Girish,

When I connect to Spark cluster using DirectQuery mode in Power BI Desktop, I can reproduce your issue that Publish button is disabled. Once I upload the PBIX file to Power BI Service via Get Data ->Files->Local file entry, I also cannot view my report. You can check the following screenshots. I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any updates.
1.PNG2.PNG

However, when I switch from DirectQuery mode to Import mode in the current Power BI Desktop file, I can use publish button to upload the PBIX file to Power BI Service and the report displays with no issues in cloud. You can use this method as a temporary workaround.

5.PNG

3.PNG4.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

I cannot use Import in place of Direct Query as my data size is around 150 to 180 GB, this was the main reason behind using Spark Direct Query. If i change to Import i get the following error.PowerBI-ImportError.png

Regards-

Girish U R

Hi @Girish,

Regarding to the DirectQuery issue, I have reported it internally, I will post back once I get any updates.

In addition, do you get same error message when re-connecting to Spark cluster using import mode in a new Power BI Desktop file?  I find a similar thread in which user gets same error message when loading large data from Spark to Power BI Desktop. I would recommend you send a frown email with trace files.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.