Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fgasimzade2
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Shared reports

Hello Everyone,

When we share a report we get an error:

"There is no gateway to access the data source Oracle"

The data source works fine from the desktop application itself, the error happens only when report is shared with other users through cloud

As far as I understand, our data source (Oracle database) must be accessible from cloud(internet) in order this report to be accessible? Am I correct?

4 REPLIES 4
fgasimzade2
Regular Visitor

Hello @SanikaT ,

Thank you for your clarification. How this gateway should be configured and where? In the report itself?

Hi,

For this, you may need to make the Oracle database accessible from the cloud. This may involve configuring network security groups or firewalls to allow traffic from the cloud environment to the Oracle database.

The gateway should be configured outside of the report itself, typically in the cloud service or platform that you are using to share the report.

It's also important to ensure that the necessary drivers and software components are installed on the cloud environment to enable the connection to the Oracle database. You may want to check with your IT department or the cloud service provider for guidance on how to configure access to your Oracle database from the cloud environment.

Thanks,

Hello @SanikaT 

I probably put it wrong saying "cloud". I was reffering to Office 365, when PowerBi report is shared

SanikaT
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

Yes, you are correct.

In order for your report to be accessible to other users through the cloud, your Oracle database must be accessible from the internet.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.