Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

floridapaceman
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Sales Team Contact Request

Hi All,

I have sent in two requests to the PBI sales team to contact me.  I am in urgent need to talk to an agent as my company is wanting information on which BI software to move forward with.

1: Does anyone know how to contact the sales team directly (call) besides putting in an electronic request?

2: Those who have put in requests, what was your wait time?

Some of the questions I want to ask the sales team is below, if anyone knows the answers to these then please comment below:

3) Are MY external clients required to sign up with a Power BI pro account to view my dashboards?
If so, must my clients then sign themselves up for the account-- or is there a way that I can do so on their behalf?

4) Assuming that they must be Power BI pro account holders, does Power BI offer any accommodating cost-structure? 

5) My company would prefer to manage the account creation process and billing for their use of their Power BI pro accounts. Can we do so on their behalf? Can we incur all account-associated fees (in particular, our external clients)-- if so, how?

6) Is PowerBI Premium the solution to any of these above questions and if so, which ones?

I understand that these are somewhat multi-faceted questions, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @floridapaceman,

Are MY external clients required to sign up with a Power BI pro account to view my dashboards?

Yes. To enable sharing and viewing dashboards, we need a Power BI Pro license.

My company would prefer to manage the account creation process and billing for their use of their Power BI pro accounts. Can we do so on their behalf? Can we incur all account-associated fees (in particular, our external clients)-- if so, how?

Yes, you can incur all account-associated fees for your clients

By the way, you have a few options to assign Power BI licenses. Actual license assignment is done within the Office 365 admin center if having an Office 365 account that can log in Power BI service, or via the Azure Active Directory PowerShell cmdlets.

Is PowerBI Premium the solution to any of these above questions and if so, which ones?

Power BI Premium is a capacity-based license, while Power BI Pro is a user-based license. Power BI Premium provides the flexibility to publish reports broadly across an enterprise, without requiring recipients to be licensed individually per user. 

As this is the forum provides technical support, for more information about how to buy license, whether there is any accommodating cost-structure, please contact the sales team on this site. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am having the same problem getting in touch with a Power BI Sales expert. I have submitted 3 requests to speak with someone, and it has been longer than 4 days since my first one.  My company and I want to upgrade to premium per capacity, but we want to talk to an expert first. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.