Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Sales Report, Historical data

I have been giving the task to create a report in PowerBI for Sales Performance. Previously, this has been done in Excel.

The raw data includes among other things the following:

CaseID

Date Start

Amount

Contract Lifetime (Y)

Comments

200 000

Meeting with sales manager

600 000

Possible extension of the contract

We want the sales manager to enter the Date Start, Amount, Contract lifetime, and Comments. The problem is that the sheet will be updated every month by the sales managers. Can PowerBI collect historical data so that it is possible to see when the changes have been made and what has been done? Or is there possibly another way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous You can build your powerbi dataset from excel file and you can keep that excel file in one drive or sharepoint. You can schedule the refresh from the excel file like everyday or whenever you wish to. This way updated data will be shown on the powerbi dashboard. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@negi007Thanks! Is there a tutorial on this somewhere? And will the changes the sales managers do get recorded? E.g. if I see that the value for a case is lower than last month - will it be easy to look at the case that it has been edited, and see the prior value

@Anonymous  As you wish to maintain the log of the changes being done in the data/source file, i think you will need fin out a solution outside of the PowerbI system. Because PowerBi is only going to extract the data that you will have in your source file/database. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.