Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FreonYz
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Refresh Slow on Merged Tables

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can find the link of Dynmaics 365 Odata feed, in order to have PowerBI directly get data from Dynamics 365?

Right now my PowerBI directly connects Dynamics 365 financial online service. It becomes slower and slower when I refresh data tables, especially merged tables. I have tried to disable the Auto Date/Time and already removed most unecessary columns, it is still really slow to refresh

I heard that using the OData feed to connect to the Dynamics 365 would be refreshing a lot faster! However, where I can find the OData feed link in Dynamics 365? 

Or is there any other ways to have PowerBI refresh significantly faster?

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@FreonYz,

When refreshing data in Power BI Desktop, make sure that you also disable the backgroud data option.
1.JPG

In addition, you can get OData feed URL from your Dynamics 365 environment by going to Settings > Customizations > Developer Resources > Instance Web API > Service Root URL.

Reference:
https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/thecrmwizondynamicscrm/archive/2018/01/31/connecting-power-bi-t...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

@v-yuezhe-msft

It did not work. It is still really slow.

Is there anything else I can try?

Many thanks!

@FreonYz

Do you switch to use OData option? Also please import the necessary columns and rows, and check if try to use DAX instead of merge queries feature.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

The OData link does not work in my PowerBI desktop, it gave me the following error. Actually there was another type of error too...

OData Error 1.png

Speaking of using the DAX, I also encountered another problem and posted my question in this thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Can-t-create-a-relationship-between-two-columns-because-one...

Many thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.