Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashutoshkh
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI / PowerQuery to import data from Alteryx Database *.yxdb file

Hi

Is there a way to import data using PowerBI / PowerQuery from Alteryx Database *.yxdb file?

Thanks 

Ash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-caliao-msft,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have decent amount of PowerQuery experience but i wanted to explore all possible option for leveraging the existing Alteryx workflow outputs and avoid duplicating any efforts in recreating the similar solution using PowerQuery. But may be I have run out of options! 

I understand about QlikView and Tableau but I think Alteryx can be a complementary product to MicroSoft's PowerBI suite of products specially beacuse of R, wide variety of ETL tool options and workflow based user interface which will continue to attract new users. I hope MS will allow *.yxdb as supported data source for PowerBI suite of products in near future.  

Rgds

Ash

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ashutoshkh,

Alteryx database is not on the supported data sources list. So you cannot connect to that database directly currently. It seems that you can use power query agninst Alteryx database if you have rich experience on Power Query. Someone had already done this which you can see on the link below.
http://insightsthroughdata.com/overcome-10-excel-limitations-with-alteryx/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi @v-caliao-msft,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have decent amount of PowerQuery experience but i wanted to explore all possible option for leveraging the existing Alteryx workflow outputs and avoid duplicating any efforts in recreating the similar solution using PowerQuery. But may be I have run out of options! 

I understand about QlikView and Tableau but I think Alteryx can be a complementary product to MicroSoft's PowerBI suite of products specially beacuse of R, wide variety of ETL tool options and workflow based user interface which will continue to attract new users. I hope MS will allow *.yxdb as supported data source for PowerBI suite of products in near future.  

Rgds

Ash

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.