Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stuart_fort
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Parameters - don't appear in Excel exports from visuals

The new Parameters feature is awesome!  I have a common case where users need to export the data from the visual to Excel.  All other fields appear in the export except any that are from the parameter.  This happens in both the desktop file as well as reports published to a premium workspace.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stuart_fort 

Do you mean the new Fields paramters in Power BI? Based on my test as below, "Running today" is selected from a Fields parameter slicer and applied to a table visual. When I exported data from the table visual in Power BI service, it shows in the Applied filters string at bottom. Do you mean your fields paramter values don't appear here? 

vjingzhang_0-1656409680690.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

That is correct--I have one or more fields parameters in a visual that work perfectly in the PowerBI service (and desktop) but will not export to Excel.  I was thinking there may be a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing.

Hi @stuart_fort 

If you hover over the filter icon on the visual, does the pop-up panel display all filters on that visual correctly? 

vjingzhang_0-1656489225359.png

Jing

Yes, it looks fine from that perspective.  The visual displays all fields correctly, and the filters match what's intended.  I've tried a number of combinations (different visuals, different field parameters and combinations, etc.).  All fields will export to Excel, except any field parameters, regardless of the visual type.  I'm beginning to think that since it's a preview feature, it may not have all the bugs worked out yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.