Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

collinclifford
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Paginated Report 'Invalid Parameters'

Hi, everyone.

First off, sorry for not supplying an image, I am working with confidential information.  I have been scouring the internet far and wide but cannot seem to find an apt solution to my problem.

My client requires a Paginated Report using PowerBI as a datasource and embedded in their PowerBI.  They have 17 separate slicers that they want to use to filter the data coming in as a Paginated Report.  Some filters have (blank) values and some just have "" values, the rest have unique values. 

1) I have created all of the parameters along with the items in the table in a single query.

3) I have rewrote the DAX query as follows for each parameter:

EVALUATE VALUES('table'[column]) (Dataset Properties)

3) Went through and adjusted the fields to just includ the values within the column (Dataset Properties)

2) I've used the correct column for Available Values and the Default Values. (Report Parameter Properties)

4) I have enabled 'Allow Multible Values' and 'Allow blank values ("")'. (Report Parameter Properties)

5) Published and loaded all of the Parameters into the Power BI Field (Power BI)

Observations:

In the 'Run' view in PowerBI Report Builder, for some of the parameters 'All' is automatically selected but not for all of them.  Perhaps this is the issue?

If I try to view 'All' of the data without filters or even some of the data with select filters it throws this message:

"You have attempted to pass an invalid parameter value from the item(s) you have selected. Please update your selections, or enter the parameter values manually, or contact the report author to update the parameter bindings for the paginated report."

Any clue as to how I can align my parameters with PowerBI's Slicers better to get around this headache?

I've also tried to filter out "" and 'null' values in the filter pane but it does not provide a viable solution.

Thanks in advance!

-C

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @collinclifford ,

I think you may learn more details from this post with similar issue like yours.

For reference:

Paginated report with multi valued parameter not working

I hope this offical blog could help you solve your issue.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.