Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MigWare
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI Online not refreshing after making changes in PowerBI Desktop

Hi,

After changing reports in PowerBI Desktop and publish it to the same workplace the Pin tiles on the dashboard are not refreshing. The reports are being refreshed but not the Pin Tiles in the dashboard even after running refresh on the dashboard. Do I need to remove the Pin tiles reports from the dashboard to get it to update with the new info?

Tks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description, do you want to only refresh data?

If so, please check the data you updated on Power BI Desktop whether existing in tiles on Power BI Service->Dashboard.

The tiles only refresh the part of data which was updated on Power BI Desktop.

If you want to refresh its visual category as well, it can not work, please refer to this:

41.PNG

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-tiles#considerations-and-troubleshooting

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

@MigWare,

If I understood you right, you updated the report and republished it and the dashboard tiles are not changing. Right?

Changing reports means?

If you just adjusted your dataset and did not do anything with the filters on visuals and/or pages, then changes will reflect on dashboard tiles. 

If you updated your filters on visuals and/or pages, you need to re-pin your tiles.

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description, do you want to only refresh data?

If so, please check the data you updated on Power BI Desktop whether existing in tiles on Power BI Service->Dashboard.

The tiles only refresh the part of data which was updated on Power BI Desktop.

If you want to refresh its visual category as well, it can not work, please refer to this:

41.PNG

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-tiles#considerations-and-troubleshooting

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.