Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Not Finding Custom Connector

Hi!

We are trying to use a custom connector with Power BI Desktop and normally, putting the file in this path works:

My Documents -> Microsoft Power BI Desktop -> Custom Connectors

But we are finding that on a machine with OneDrive installed and redirecting My Documents to the cloud, it doesn't work. We tried putting it in the redirected location as well as the local path.

What variable is PowerBI looking for to enumerate the My Docs folder so it can find this?

Thanks

Aaron 

12 REPLIES 12
zivR

figured it out and thought to share. You go to your user folder (not the oneDrive) and MANUALLY create the folders to match the following :
C:\Users\{your username}\Documents\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors

jhauff77060
Advocate II
Advocate II

The Custom Connectors folder may also be located in the folder Power BI Desktop, rather than the Micrsoft Power BI Desktop folder.

Cdata has a driver for this with a 30 day trial period at https://www.cdata.com/drivers/hubspot/.

rtd3

Having same issue... has anyone figured this out?  

I submitted to github as well:  https://github.com/microsoft/DataConnectors/issues/309

Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are seeing the same issue here. Have tried to manually create that folder too and copy in the .mez file and still can't see it in PBI Desktop.

Did anyone manage to get this working?

Leonid_Kostin
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same thing for me. I created a folder like "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors" and placed the .mez file here. Then enabled an option in Power BI Desktop, restarted it and still nothing. 

No IT policy restictions or somthing like this.  

mmassey1010
Frequent Visitor

This is an issue for me as well. Any updates?

FYI- I manually created the directory on my machine, then added my custom connector to it. Power BI was able to see it. 

ohh.. for me the manual creation is also not working. Don't know what is the issue here.

@tusharj  Any update on this please?

+1

jhani
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this issue? I seem to have the same scenario where my custom connector is not loading in Power BI.

Best regards,

Jhani

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may leave a comment on Github issues page.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.