Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Filtering

I am new to PowerBI so this might be a quick fix - I just can't see it. 

I have one set of data for products manufactured in a bar graph. Each product has a set of features (about 5 or 6 per product). With all the data there will be about 6 products but 30+ features making the bar graph look crowded. 

What I want to do is filter to product 1 then only see the 5/6 features associated with it. Currently it's only shading in the columns but leaving the ones with no data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

You can choose which visual you want your slicer to control. To to this click on your slicer, go to the Format tab, and on the left you can see the Edit interactions button. Click on that and then two icons will appear above all the visuals:

laurinyeczm_0-1595930782986.png If the left one is selected on a visual it means that your selected slicer controls that visual if the right one is selected it doesn't. Select the right one for all visuals except for the one you want your slicer to control.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Check the document about slicer in power bi.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

And the document about interactions between visuals.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

If you want Slicer only interact with your one bar graph so Take the Product and Feature in separate  Slicer and use the Edit Interaction feature which enable these Slicer to work only with your bar graph and inactive for rest of the page.

https://radacad.com/control-the-interaction-in-power-bi-report

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?
Appreciate your Kudos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Click the following icon. 

Karlos_0-1595925108304.png

This will give you the slicer visual, Then add/drag "Products" to the values field. 

Karlos_0-1595925272046.png

This should allow you to quickly filter by product. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This will filter all the graphs on the page not just the features graph that I want. I still can't see an option to do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

You can choose which visual you want your slicer to control. To to this click on your slicer, go to the Format tab, and on the left you can see the Edit interactions button. Click on that and then two icons will appear above all the visuals:

laurinyeczm_0-1595930782986.png If the left one is selected on a visual it means that your selected slicer controls that visual if the right one is selected it doesn't. Select the right one for all visuals except for the one you want your slicer to control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.