Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Errors pfoledbreader.cpp

Hi All

Seems like I am having fun with PowerBI. Seems like every day I have a new problem\error right now 😞

So my latest issue is when I change a measure to be a different value to SUM, say for example Average I receive the following error after SQLDumper.exe runs in a command window. 

PowerBiNoobie1_0-1604138209932.png

I have seen this issue crop up a few times under different scenarios. Does anyone have any ideas at what this is or where I can even start to troubleshoot before I log yet another call with MS?

I'm using the fantastic CQD connector for MS Teams. 

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBiNoobie1 ,

Have you tried not applying the AVERAGE function, but dividing the SUM function by the COUNT or DISTINCTCOUNT function?

The formula like this,

AverageLatency = DIVIDE(SUM(Query1[P50 Latency]), DISTINCTCOUNT(calls))

And have you tried to submit a support ticket?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBiNoobie1 ,

Did you receive this error when you use SUM function?

What fields are in your visual?

Maybe you can create a card visual and put the measure in it, check what will happen.

There are some limitations in The CQD data model, you can refer this documents for comparison.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cqd-power-bi-connector

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-zhenbw-msft 

OK so I have a card visual with the P50 Latency field in it, its a CQD measure. I am simply trying to change the summarisation to be average as I want to see the average latency for all calls made between two network points. I have page level filters creating the overall filter for the report which tells PowerBI to only filter for traffic between two specific network points and to report latency, jitter and packet loss for each call. I need PowerBI to return the average value of jitter, latency and packet loss for all calls that are returned by the page filter. I realise I am probably not doing this correctly!? 

I cant create a query or manipulate the source dataset in PowerBI as nothing works at all after I do that. This has been reported as a bug by MS.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply 

@v-zhenbw-msft 

I have since tried creating a new measure as below:

AverageLatency = Average(Query1[P50 Latency])

I tried adding that to the card visual and I get the same error. SQLDumper runs and then data cannot be displayed. The source data is a decimal value. I assume this is how I should be getting the average of the P50 Latency.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.