Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ASharpie

PowerBI Error The column 'DataModelName' of the table wasn't found.

Hi

We are using the CQD Connector to retreive data from the MS Call Quality Dashboard but are experiencing issues when creating a query. If I remove any columns and apply the changes I get the following error:

Expression.Error: The column 'DataModelName' of the table wasn't found.
Details:
DataModelName

I cannot find any reference to this column anywhere. I have also looked in the advanced query editor

Has anybody any idea how I can stop this happening?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
andreaspa
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar issue.

Expression.Error: The column 'Reference ' of the table wasn't found.
Details:
Reference

i am getting this error when i try to refresh the source data. the query should have no steps or connections to it but i still get the error.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi @ASharpie  @andreaspa ,

"The column 'Reference ' of the table wasn't found."

This error will be reported when the column name of a column of the data source is changed or the column is deleted.

What's your Power BI Desktop version?

I found that the September 2020 version will automatically update the column names after removing the wrong step, so try to update to latest version.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ASharpie , is this column DataModelName renamed or removed from the source?

@amitchandak  Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot see this column name anywhere not even in the original source so I am totally confused.

@amitchandak 

As soon as I select choose columns and deselect a single column, it doesn't matter which one I get an error. I have removed the removal step in the query editor and when I apply all is good, however as soon as I remove a column I get errors. 

If I just remove a single column I am receiving:

Expression.Error: CQD Query Execution Error (ErrorType: 6)

Not sure what is happening here, however I am a total Noob at PowerBI. I also note the Call Quality Dashboard connector is marked as Beta!

If I move all the columns I am not interested in then I get the error posted previously but there is no column called that name

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.