Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

beyj

PowerBI Enterprise On-Premises Data Gateway Network Status Disconnected

I have installed a gateway on a VM within my network. It can connect to an SQL server on the same network in the same domain, but cannot connect to another SQL Server on the same network but in a different domain. The ports test is successful, but the Network Status shows as Disconnected. 

The error message we are receiving is:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."

Activity ID:ebc8df01-bae1-40aa-8664-f737a4b7afa8
Request ID:9082338b-d773-73f2-dcdd-9ac9a9bceb60
Cluster URI:https: //wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:Thu Aug 08 2019 13:52:33 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.10315.184
Test-OnPremisesDataGateway:We reached the data gateway, but the gateway can't access the on-premises data source.
Underlying error code:-2146232060
Underlying error message:A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2146232060
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingNativeErrorCode:-2146893007
5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @beyj ,

Firstly, please check if your gateway is online.

In addition, could you connect with the SQL Server data source successfully in power bi desktop which is installed on the same device with on- premise gateway.

If you could, I think you could add the sql server data source to the gateway in power bi service either.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My gateway is online. I've downloaded Power BI Desktop and tried to connect to the SQL Server, but I still get the following error:

Details: "Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm.)"

Hi @beyj ,

Have you solved the problem?

If you have solved the problem, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have not solved the problem, and the SSL would probably not affect the network status of the gateway.

Hi @beyj ,

Have you configure SSL on SQL server? If that is a case, I'd like to suggest you to double check credentials to confirm if his credentials is invalid?

How to enable SSL encryption for an instance of SQL Server by using Microsoft Management Console

Best Regard,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.