Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rajaniesh
Helper II
Helper II

PowerBI Desktop to DB2 on SSL

HI,

I need some guidance on How to configure POwerBI desktop and Gateway to connect to DB2 from Winddows machine which has PowerBI desktop and Datagatway.I have the certificates provided by DB2 Admin and the Port number provided. I am trying with IP Address: Port(SSL Port) but it is not working. I am not sure what steps we need to take to install Certs on this Windows Machine so It can conect to DB2. My connection works on Non-Secure port.

Regards
Rajaniesh

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rajaniesh ,

In Power BI desktop, you get data from IBM DB2.  When you choose IBM driver, please ensure that you have IBM DB2 Data Server Driver installed on your computer (minimum requirement is the IBM Data Server Driver Package (DS Driver)). Minimum provider version is 10.1, Minimum data source version is 9.x+, please check data source Prerequisites here. If you choose Microsoft Driver, the DB2 Server Driver is not necessary.

When you publish the report created from DB2 to service, if you want to refresh data in service, you have to configure gateway. And you add datasource under your gateway. You just type the credentials of your database. Type the server name, database name, username and password. The progress of adding datasource doesn't need a database driver.

Then just use the right Server name and Database in the following highlighted in red line box, which likes in Power BI desktop.

1.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Neither Microsoft driver nor DB2 driver is able to connect to SSL port.  

Microsoft Any update on this issue?

Microsoft, any update on this issue?  We can't get Power BI Desktop to connect to DB2 SSL port with either .NET driver or native IBM driver.  We can create an IBM ODBC entry using SSL port, then use an ODBC source in Power BI.  Perhaps Power BI can't run the IBM Global Security Kit (gsk8).

Power Bi Team, 

We need your help on this issue.

Please provide steps to connect with IBM DB2 driver o Microsoft driver with SSL.

Details: "Microsoft Db2 Client: Have not received expected codepoint: EUSRIDNWPWD. SQLSTATE=HY000 SQLCODE=-1040"

rajaniesh
Helper II
Helper II

Microsoft we need URGENT help on this issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.