Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mkrcmar

PowerBI Desktop freezing several times a day

PowerBI Desktop freezing several times a day. It keeps spinning wheels on visuals as if it is trying to get the data refreshed. The only way to get out is to stop the application via Task manager. Once re-openned it works fine until it freeze again. It is lowering my productivity, in many cases I need to redo unsaved report changes again. This issue is there for couple of months by now, no improvement.

6 REPLIES 6
mkrcmar

Yes, my data is in the published dataset.

@Heather_iTalent wondering if Microsoft have any open tickets about Power BI desktop freezing randomly when connected to a dataset in the service.

Sorry if I've copied wrong person in.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

I've had similar periodically but really bad today. Have yet to work out what the issue is. You're not alone though.

Are you connecting to a published dataset?

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
mkrcmar

I am not complaining about slowness. The application hangs, it is frozen, it does not react on anything and stays like that until I stop it via task manager.

mkrcmar

32 GB of RAM is good enough, no problem there.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mkrcmar , Please check how much RAM is free on the desktop. And how much power bi is taking. Increase virtual RAM, if needed. Sometime browser take a lot of memory and slow down power bi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.