Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Desktop crashes when saving

Hello,

a customer of mine uses Power BI Desktop for internal reporting, and he started experiencing the following issue with the august update:

Often, though not always, when he tries to save the .pbix file he gets an error message which stems from a System.ArgumentNullException. When he then reopens the file, he gets the same error message and Power BI Desktop closes.

Is there anything I can do about this (except wait for the next update and hope for the best)?

Regards,

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
pankajbirle

Hello,

I am also facing the same issue. I have updated Power BI in Oct month and when I save my report file, it gets crashed. 

I kill it from the task manager and open it again. It occurs 2 times in one hour. It is a very major problem.  

Please guide me. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Pankaj Birle

sevenhills
Super User
Super User

My August update, same old Power BI files which used to work, started crashing while refresh or saving or when you drag one more measure.

I am just doing Select top 1000 with five attributes ... not complicated query though... (Same if I do with the SQL management studio, takes less than a second) ... No code in power bi or cube code recently. 

Power BI is making SSAS memory to shoot up to 40GB or more ... 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.