Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattmangia

PowerBI Desktop Long Publish Times

Several PowerBI Desktop authors/users are seeing extended publish times following the December PowerBI Desktop Update. 

.pbix publishes that used to take several minutes before the latest update now take over 90 min, in some cases over 3 hours. A successful workaround is uploading the .pbix file from within app.powerbi.com -- this is significantly faster and is working for our users. However, this is not an ideal solution and involves several extra steps. 

Most of the publishes are updates/replacements of the same report that already exists, however the issue is still present (not as extreme) with new reports in a workspace. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mattmangia,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using? I have noticed that there is a new version(2.54.4970.961) of Power BI Desktop released on 1/19/2018. Could you try using this new version to see if the issue persists?

If the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

I am using PBI Version: 2.54.4970.761 64-bit (January, 2018) and am also seeing long publish times; I do not know the exact length because I am aborting after while but it's a riduculous amount of time. Both of my files are +400mb in file size so this might be contributing to the problem. Either way, all i'm trying to do is print to pdf/powerpoint and cannot even achieve this. I guess I can take a picture with my phone and share in my meetings.

Just a FYI, I tried to publish again and it took about 10 minutes to upload to the server

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.