Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Glorfendal
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Desktop Freezes When Trying to Sign into Organizational Login for PowerBI Dataflows

Hi everyone,

I am trying to refresh a dashboard via the PBI Desktop, whereby the primary datasource is a Power BI DataFlow. Everytime I attempt this PowerBI requests that I sign in to the DataFlow using my credentials. However, as soon as I enter my organizational email it redirects me to my organizational page to login (noting that the organizational page is embedded in the PBI desktop as a pop-up). Once this occurs, the organizational login pops-up and the entire PBI Desktop just freezes. The username and password box is there but it is completely frozen.

I have reproduced this issue on a second computer, and have confirmed that my account has taken over the DataFlow (which I have signed in and can access via the PowerBI WebApp).

Has anyone else experienced this and/or found a work-around?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
cverster
Regular Visitor

Was this ever resolved? We are having the same issue, PowerBI freezes when we try to login to our organizational accounts, and we're on the latest version.

I am having the same issue as of the May release it seems. Was hoping the June release would solve it but it didn't. Essentially when filling in your account email and clicking submit now pop-up window appears for password details and it freezes. You have to then restart from the task manager. DESPERATE for a solution as I can't publish work now to our workspace. 

I have tried the solution:

‎12-24-2020 09:13 AM

MS Support helped me and my problem is solved ! 😀

We did the following steps

- add DisableCertificateRevocationCheck = 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Power BI Desktop

- in IE / Options / Security / Local Intranet / Sites / Advanced : add https://office365.mycompagny.com 

- in IE / Options / Advanced : disable "Enable Integrated Windows Authentification"

"

But it did not work for me

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Glorfendal 

Try the March Gateway release and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.