Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Desktop: Drillthrough with multiple values (Solutions with GUI or DAX?)

Hi,

Is there a way where I can pass to my drill through multiple values? For example:

Below is a table that populates 2 separate reports:

Main Table.PNG

Report 1

From the data table above, this populates this table, grouping by ID and Condition columns, which results in Count (or Quantity) and Sum of Cost. Grouped.PNG

Report 2:

Let's say I set a drillthrough with ID and Condition. Let's say I drill through ID value 1 with Condition "Good" from the Green Report 1 table (first row of table above). It would result in this table showing details. This table is duplicated and populated from the first Orange table for Report 2. I have done joins for ID and condition for the duplicate tables that populate this blue table and green table.

Drill-through.PNG

Above blue table is a drillthrough I would like to display. If I were to drill through using the green table with ID: 1 and Condition: Good, it would display all rows of ID: 1 in the orange table. Below is an example of a result I don't want:

Brown Table:

Bad Result.PNG  

I want to drillthrough so that I can get specific ID's and Conditions values. So if I drilled through the in blue table row ID: 1 and Condition: Good, I want to display rows that contain ID: 1 and Condition: Good (blue table - report 2). I've tried passing both drillthrough values for ID and Condition value in Green Table to the Orange table, hoping it produces results like the blue (Report 2) table; however, it's only filtering out ID, but not Condition, which results in the Brown table results above.

So my question is there a workaround to this through the GUI? If not, would I need to use DAX for this? If so, could you provide me a sample please? It would help me a lot.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Karola
Helper I
Helper I

Does someone already have a solution for this perhaps? 

Garridex
Regular Visitor

Hi BCWAN,

Did you find a workaround solution for your use case? I have a similar one and I am trying to use DAX (CALCULATE and KEEPFILTERS) but still in an early investigation stage.

Best regards,

Luis

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Unfortunately, current drillthrough filter not support drill multiple fields. 

Dax formula can create measure as visual level filter to apply filter effect on visual, but current it seems not support to sync filter effect across report page, maybe you can consider to create sync slicer to pass filter effect across report pages.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

With My2019 Power BI release is there already a workaround ? Can you give an example for the slicer workaround you had mentioned?

Thanks,

Luis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors