Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brhr
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI Dataset with DirectQuery not refreshing - "The model doesn't have a measure named..."

Hello,

I have a PowerBI dataset that contains a large model, integrating several data sources (Azure Analysis services and multiple Excel files).

The PowerBI Dataset is used to create other reports, where users make adjustments, create measures, and build their own reports. Hence, each of the user created reports are no longer live connections, but have a DirectQuery connection.

However, when refreshing, it always come up with an error that it cannot find measures - even though they exist. The only change was that the measure was moved from a table to the "Calculated Measures" table (where all metrics are placed).

Any hint on how to solve it?

brhr_0-1609939806895.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brhr ,

The only change was that the measure was moved from a table to the "Calculated Measures" table (where all metrics are placed).

Based on my test, if you move measures into another table, the model will be changed. Then this issue occurs.

One workaround, go to "Data source settings" to change data source and then reposition those measures.

data source.jpg

change.JPG

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brhr ,

The only change was that the measure was moved from a table to the "Calculated Measures" table (where all metrics are placed).

Based on my test, if you move measures into another table, the model will be changed. Then this issue occurs.

One workaround, go to "Data source settings" to change data source and then reposition those measures.

data source.jpg

change.JPG

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@brhr , I think other user face similar issue on Dec 2020 release. See if this same -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/DirectQuery-for-Power-BI-datasets-and-Analysis-Services-Erro...

Check for updates and vote, if this is kind of same issue.

Thanks, but that still did not solve the problem. I tried adding a dummy column but not good. Still getting the same error.

Any other suggestion?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.