Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhbroadpeak
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Data Gateway Not Connecting to AWS RDS Postgresql

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to connect my On premise Data Gateway to AWS RDS Postgresql but everytime I try to connect it returns the below error.

Error:

Unable to create data source. Unable to connect to the data source. Either the data source is inaccessible, a connection timeout occurred, or the data source credentials are invalid. Please verify the data source configuration and contact a data source administrator to troubleshoot this issue

Details: SecondBITestGateway: An error happened while reading data from the provider: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. Please have this information handy if you choose to create a support ticket. ActivityId: b556407d-367c-44e6-8ccc-c393fc05100a RequestId: 38ee848e-7917-4ddb-a558-f0a534ae20da 

As a first step to troubleshoot, I installed the RDS keys on my EC2 instance and was able to successfully import them under 'Trusted Root Certificate Authorities' but the above error is still being displayed anytime I connect.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and how did you solve it?

Thank you so much for your help.
1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.