Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gorgo
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Azure refresh not working

I have power bi configured on Azure, a dataset reading its data from excel document which is updated on daily basis. the refresh is done manually through powerbi desktop. after i click on refresh, my reports and dashboards are reading updated figures, i open it from power bi desktop; however if i open it from any browser, data is not updated, i will have to publish my power bi reports and dashboards from powerbi desktop publish button in order to see my data updated from browser.

i checked my settings i noticed a data source credentials error.

tried to change it or re-enter it, but didnt work as per the below image, maybe there is another place to change datasource credentials (please specify where)

also i tried to reconfigure "Power BI Gataway Personal" i got the below error also

i tss1.jpgss2.jpg

kindly assist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@gorgo,

Could you use this account to log into Power BI services? A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.  If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@gorgo The published report in the Service won't update unless you've set up a schedule via a gateway. Or, unless you manually re-publish the Desktop file after you've refreshed it.

One of your screenshots already shows a gateway online with the dataset? Do you already have a gateway installed, or is that a different one?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer thank you for your reply.

i have indeed "Power BI Gateway - personal" installed, it was configured with my credentials successfully.

however when i try to reenter my credentials i get the below errorss3.jpgss4.jpg

@gorgo,

Could you use this account to log into Power BI services? A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.  If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft i removed the old gateway and installed updated "On-Premises data gateway (Personal mode), the problem was not entierly solved:

if i refresh data from Power BI desktop, updated data are not reflected in Power Bi web interface "app.powerbi.com"

however if i refresh manually the dataset from the web interface, data is updated.

also i get schedule refresh did not work, im still looking for it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors