Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zibster
Helper III
Helper III

Power query, how to create table from connections only

Hi, I am new to the power query, and my question is there a way to create a table on a sheet for connection only queries?

Thanks

Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your help, after some dingning i found that you can load to from current connection only by right clicking on the connection only query that has been created and select load to 🙂

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Z

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I don't think that is possible.  You can either Create a Connection or Load data to the worksheet.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your help, after some dingning i found that you can load to from current connection only by right clicking on the connection only query that has been created and select load to 🙂

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Z

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @zibster,

Can you explain more details, please? 

What is "a table on a sheet"?

What will "connection only queries" do?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

I have 2 Connection only query that connect to SQL databases and retrieves the data I would then I use the power query to merge the data. I would do it in SQL but these are 2 separate databases. I would like to see the merged data on a spreadsheet as but when I click close & load dropdown all the close and load to is grayed out.

Close And Load2.JPG

Thanks

Z

Hi @zibster,

I'm not familiar with Power Query in Excel. How about just clicking "Close and load"? It will load the data to a default sheet.

It seems we can only load once. We can't load to other places after the first loading. Please refer to the snapshot below.

The workaround is duplicating the query. Then you can load it to other places again.

Power_query_how_to_create_table_from_connections_only

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.