Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bakhtawar
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power bi scalibility

I read on the article that

if we have

power bi desktop free version then we have limitiation of  1gb data

for power bi pro --in Power BI Pro vs. Free you have a 10 GB per Pro user data storage limit.

for power bi premium :

This dedicated capacity (aka Premium Workspace) can be used to host large datasets up to 50GB while offering a total storage of 100TB in the cloud.

but if i have pbix file 200 GB or across 200GB then what should we do . beacuse POWER BI PREMIUM only have 50 GB ?

kindly clear this point

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yes you can create multiple PBIX files.

The 100TB is the total amount of storage in the cloud.

For example when you have premium you can upload up to 2000 pbix files with 50GB each.

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Data management.

You cant convince me it is neccecary to pump 200GB of data in to one PowerBI Dashboard.

Quality over Quantity

did not understand your point..

is it not possible to load 200GB of data in to one PowerBI Dashboard. ? or what is the alterante solution for that ?  @EricHulshof 

50GB is the max yes. You can cut up your data in smaller pieces and setup multiple dashboards.

Quality over Quantity

ok means i can create multiple pbix files ? and what is mean by 100 TB in cloud ? ,means we put that multiple pbix in cloud with 100 TB size ? @EricHulshof 

yes you can create multiple PBIX files.

The 100TB is the total amount of storage in the cloud.

For example when you have premium you can upload up to 2000 pbix files with 50GB each.

Quality over Quantity

@EricHulshof  what if we have large amount of data in particular pbix file  which covers 50 GB  then what should you say?

i see thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.