Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

echo
Regular Visitor

Power bi publisher fail to login

I have installed "Power BI publisher" in excel, and login in, but when i click "connect dataset", it will let me login in , I login in again, but once click "connect dataset", also shows login in. I can't use any function.

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @echo,

I'm afraid that may caused by the version of excel you used. Power BI publisher 

It seems that you have solved the problem, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
echo
Regular Visitor

@v-piga-msft here is the error message:

You can't access the dataset or report in Power BI.Make sure it exists and you have permissions to use it.

Hi @echo,

What's version of your Excel? 

Do you have this error message after you sign in successfully or still have this error when you click sign in?

If you have this error message after you sign in successfully, you 'd better have a view of this document to follow the steps.

In addition, you should have a check if you hit these limitations .

limit.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft I tried a test to install "Analyze in excel updates", and found it's ok to use. But I am not sure why, because I have installed power bi publisher, I should not install "Analyze in excel updates" any more.

Hi @echo,

I'm afraid that may caused by the version of excel you used. Power BI publisher 

It seems that you have solved the problem, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

echo
Regular Visitor

I also can login in,but can't connect data, when I click connect, will ask me to login in, all the time do login in

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @echo,

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue in my site.

Select Profile from the Power BI ribbon tab in Excel. If you're already signed in to Power BI, you'll see a dialog that shows which account you're currently signed in with.  Please check if you have signed in.

publisher.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

@v-piga-msft here is my error

Fail to login.png

Hi @echo,

It seems that you have login in but when you click Connect to Data, it still require you login?

Please show the details of the errors by clicking more details.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.