Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power bi multiple slicer

Hi,

I have 2 measures from one fact table, each measure is in a different matrix, and each measure is sliced by different date  (each date has a calender dimension).

I have two matrix and two calendars in my report.

Can I select a date from one calendar and automaticlly passed to the other calendar? 

The aim is to make the user use only one slicer.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Could you provide more information maybe a sample data including relationships between tables.

Best, 

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Below is a smaple of my report. Box 1 and 2 are in one page, the measures are 'Opening WIP' and 'Jobs Tasks', both are from one fact table, each measure is using differernt date in the fact table (Posting date and Production date), for each date there is seperate calendar dimension, in this report we use week of the year. 

What I want to have one slicer (calendar) in the report and can pass the selected week value to both boxes.

Capture.PNG

Hi,

There should not be a need to create 2 calendar tables.  There should be 2 relationships (from the Posting date and Production date columns) from the base data table to the Date column of the Calendar Table - one active and another inactive.  In the measure, one can then use the USERELATIONSHIP function to get the measures working.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ashish.

One thing i didn't mentioned is that a tabular model is feeding the power bi reports, so I have tried to create the relation you have mentioned, but the tabular model did not let me and got below error:

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, ignore my previous reply. I have managed to create the relation  by unticking the active box.

I will update you soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

it did work.

I have tried below measures, none worked:

measure 1 =

VAR mindate =
MIN ( 'Date'[DateLookupKey] )
VAR maxdate =
MAX ( 'Date'[DateLookupKey] )
RETURN
CALCULATE (
COUNTROWS ( 'FactTable' ),
USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[DateLookupKey],'JobAnalysisViewEntry'[ProductionDateLocalLookupKey]),
FILTER (
'FactTable',
'FactTable'[Rework] = 0
&& 'FactTable'[Supplementary] = 0
&& 'FactTable'[ProductionDateLocalLookupKey] >= mindate
&& 'FactTable'[ProductionDateLocalLookupKey] <= maxdate

))

measure2=

VAR mindate =
MIN ( 'Date'[DateLookupKey] )
VAR maxdate =
MAX ( 'Date'[DateLookupKey] )
RETURN
CALCULATE (
COUNTROWS ( 'FactTable' ),
USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[DateLookupKey],'JobAnalysisViewEntry'[ProductionDateLocalLookupKey]),
FILTER (
'FactTable',
'FactTable'[Rework] = 0
&& 'FactTable'[Supplementary] = 0

))

not sure what am I doing worng.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Now I am using one calendar for the different measures, thanks for your help.

I have another measure that uses a third different date, I have created another inactive relationship for the new date, but it still uses the date of the active relationship. is this because we can have only one active and one inactive relationship between the two tables?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.