Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power bi desktop updates

Good afternoon teachers

Pleased to be back in the forum, I found that this community is very active and are very cooperative. Today I bring the following restlessness.

I have three tables that correspond to movements of a help desk for 2015, 2016 and 2017

I make the query and then attach it in another query to have everything in a table.

The lio is being presented at the moment of the update are more than 3 million rows and with any changes the queries are being fully updated.
Naturally the historical data do not change ie 2015 2016 and part of 2017.
Even so every time you apply some change the three tables are cool and the time is considerable

What I tried to do was clear the options:
-enable load
-include in report refresh
Of the 2015 2016 tables

For table 2017, set include in report refresh with the goal of updating the new records and do not check the option of enable load

Finally the attached query, which is called "three previous years", has both options, enable load and include in report refresh marked.

Any idea how I can optimize the update times only by bringing the new registrations and leaving the queries 2015 and 2016 only as a story?

I really appreciate your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

My mistake! I just added the link in my previous replay above.Smiley LOL

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a good article about Incremental Load in Power BI using DAX UNION. Could you go to check if it helps in your scenario?

In addition, here is the idea about Incremental Data Loads on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the prompt response @v-ljerr-msft, search the forum with some keywords but I can not find the article you mentioned, please kindly tell me the link you mention.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous,

My mistake! I just added the link in my previous replay above.Smiley LOL

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much for the solution @v-ljerr-msft, clearly it is a functionality that it is necessary given the times so high of update with too much information, I already put my vote, but I invite to all that see this post to realize its contribution with a vote help us with your vote

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.