Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cham
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power bi Report Sharing

Hi @Anonymous 

I have power bi pro license and i want to share my report  with my organisation. But they dont have pro license. How can i share the report with them?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cham,  You have a few options:

1. Each report viewer will need a pro license, or
  2. You could purchase Power BI Embedded and host the report within a webpage, or
  3. You could purchase dedicated capacity with Power BI Premium (not economical unless you have at least 500 viewers).

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever you publish anything to Power BI Service, it has to exist somewhere.  Any place you put reports is a workspace.  These will either be a personal workspace, or a app workspace.

From a licensing perspective, the only change to licensing that occurs is where the workspace is hosted.  This will either be:

• Shared Capacity, which requires pro licenses for everyone.
  • Premium Capacity, which uses your premium license for viewers but still requires Pro licenses for those maintaining the reports.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cham,  You have a few options:

1. Each report viewer will need a pro license, or
  2. You could purchase Power BI Embedded and host the report within a webpage, or
  3. You could purchase dedicated capacity with Power BI Premium (not economical unless you have at least 500 viewers).

What is the reason for workspace? Cant we share the report with non-licensed users through workspace?

Hi, Cham

You should download the PowerBI Robots trial version and give it a try. It allows you to automate and share Power BI reports and dashboards as PDFs or static images with anyone by email, to SharePoint or a file system or send them to a smart TV or other smart device. Let us know if you have any questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever you publish anything to Power BI Service, it has to exist somewhere.  Any place you put reports is a workspace.  These will either be a personal workspace, or a app workspace.

From a licensing perspective, the only change to licensing that occurs is where the workspace is hosted.  This will either be:

• Shared Capacity, which requires pro licenses for everyone.
  • Premium Capacity, which uses your premium license for viewers but still requires Pro licenses for those maintaining the reports.

Thank you so much

Thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.