How do I grant "All people within my organization" Powerbi Report permissions on the SSRS Reporting Server? The reason being that the powebi Report should be viewable by any department i.e Business Analysts, HR, PM Office etc.
Below is my PowerBI setup scenario
Do I need to give Read permissions to the AD Group "NT Authority\Authenticated Users" or "<Domain>\Domain Users" for
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yes. Add <DOMAIN>\Domain Users in the "Security" of the PowerBI Report. After which, any user in your Domain should be able to view the report.
Finally, It works now .
Followed your suggestion and re-added the <Domain>\Domain Users on the Site Settings as System User.
I'm also facing the same issue, Added roles in ssas tabular model like Role1:with full permissions and in membership i added domain\user1,domain\user2
and Role2: read permission ,membershp:domain\user3 with rowfilters: iadded some condition.
i'm thetabular model source to powerbi report in powerbi report server & published to reportserver.
do i get the roles refelected in powerbi reportserver from tabulamodel or do i need to add domain\user1,2,3 on the sitesettings as u mentioned..
I just happend to see this message.
After this post I had tweaked my Power BI settings the below way.
1) Created a service account. ( Ex: DOMAIN\Srvc1 )
2) Connected to the model with the above service account. Make sure the service account has appropriate permissions w.r.to your organization.
3) Deploy the model to SSAS Server.
Power BI Report Server
1) Install Power BI Report Server - On premise
2) Install related version of Power BI Desktop
3) Create and deploy reports to Power BI Report Server
4) Once Power BI Report is uploaded / Save as to Report Server, navigate to Data Source on the Report Server URL. In the Data Source Tab , make sure use the DOMAIN\Srvc1 account as the login credentials.
5) Navigate to Security Tab. Grant "Browser" permissions to <DOMAIN>\Domain Users. Example if the Domain is Microsoft, the security group is MICROSOFT\Domain Users.
6) Navigate to Site Settings. Grant "System User" permissions to <DOMAIN>\Domain Users. Example if the Domain is Microsoft, the security group is MICROSOFT\Domain Users.
This should work. If the above does not work, also try adding the service account to the SSAS Server.
Let me know if I can be of any further help.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!