Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power bi Assistance.

Good afternoon All, 

I'm new to Power bi, and i've taken the power bi black belt series courses (all 4), however i think i haven't fully gotten the grasp of the power bi. 

I'm requesting some additional insight if possible this would be a great assistance. 

8 REPLIES 8
praveen_e04
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I took the Power BI blakc belt series, but couldn't complete within 30 days. How can I extend the duration for another 30 days?

Thanks,

Praveen.

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If you need many to many relationships as a beginner there's a good chance you need to improve your data structure/model.

Post some examples of your data and someone will be able to help

By the way, automatic relations are the work of the devil as far as I'm concerned, taking a couple of seconds to manually link tables is really worth the effort.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am no expert by any means, but I think since you already took the course and learned the basics you should just upload your data and just play with it within power bi. If there is something you don't know how to do specifically, post up on here and you will usually get help within an hour. 

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

What type of insights do you need?
What are your doubts? Your concerns?

Being PBI a self-service BI you can have the hability to have fully detailed or aggregated information helping you get a 360 view of your data.
But this is the generic information that you have read for sure.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

okay so i have a very large data set that i'm trying to set up. i'm still not confident on the relationships yet. here goes. None of my tables were automatically set up from power bi. so i've have to do them manually. most work with many to many but it's not reading all of the data, hence i've started to do the work around with tables with uniques values, HOWEVER this is where i'm getting stuck. 

What would need from me to assist? screen shots?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think bridge tables should help for your scenario, it can help you to mapping different table records more accurately.
You only need to extract same type fields(e.g product id, user id,etc...) from different tables and remove duplicate to use it as bridge to create one to many relationship to link these tables.

DAX Puzzle: Multiple many-to-many relationships

HOW TO JOIN MANY TO MANY WITH A BRIDGE TABLE IN POWER BI

Please understand that these links are provided with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

The best way is to post some sample data, expected results, questions you have.

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490 (courtesy of @Greg_Deckler).

Since this already as every aspect refered I don't have to rewrite.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

If you want to share some sample data you can do it trough a onedrive, google drive, we transfer type of link.

Hope you can send it  as soon as possible,

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

due to HIPPA laws i can't reveal my data. but i can advise what i'm trying to do. i need to connect my client master to all of these tables. below. i believe doing the manual tables is the best to go since i began. creating unique identifiers in each table is my hunch. but there's alot of tables so i'm thinking of different methods and trying not to go down the wrong path. 

having trouble post my data example. copy and paste doesn't seem to work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.