Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Avivek
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Power automate flow help needed

I had a requirement to refresh the model on 1st of every month and i was suggested to use power automate. Based on the articles I could figure out the below given flow:-

Capture.PNG

I have the following questions:-

1. It says On Power BI button clicked, does it mean when the button which gets created has to be clicked everytme for refresh to start.

2. Can it not happen automatically, my model is connected by import query in model. Is ther any way of starting the flow without anyone clicking there every time the refresh has to be done.

3. ALso I had to customise the date and time which was suggested to be 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Avivek ,

When click on create a new flow, you'll get an option create a scheduled cloud flow. You enter the time parameters and then add your refresh step as below.

davehus_0-1650488094040.png

If this has answered your question, please accept my answer. 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Avivek 

If you use a Power BI button to trigger the flow, the refresh will only be started when someone click the button. Instead of triggering the refresh by a button, you can try the suggestion @davehus has provided to create a scheduled cloud flow to start the refresh at scheduled times. Reference: Run flows on a schedule in Power Automate - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Avivek ,

When click on create a new flow, you'll get an option create a scheduled cloud flow. You enter the time parameters and then add your refresh step as below.

davehus_0-1650488094040.png

If this has answered your question, please accept my answer. 🙂 

Thankyou @davehus 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.